Global Internet Facts for 2021 – Fun Friday
Global Internet Facts for 2021: Happy Friday! Here are a few fun facts according to Visualoak.com
- There are 4.57 billion Internet users as of January 2021. This represents 59% of the global population. Ten years ago, in 2010, fewer than 2 billion people were online.
- Google.com is the most popular website on the Internet. Visitors spend an average of 15 minutes and 13 seconds per day searching the website.
- Facebook is the most popular social network as of May 2021, with 2.80 billion monthly active users.
- TikTok is the fastest growing social network. It has been downloaded over 2 billion times.
- 97% of people are within reach of a mobile data network (cell phone signal). 82% of people live within reach of a high-speed LTE or higher signal.
- Bots are estimated to make up 37.9% of all Internet traffic. The financial sector is the main target for bot activity, followed by education, government, and gambling.
- Online sales are now higher than traditional retail sales – this started for the first time in early 2019.
- Retail e-commerce sales are projected to grow to $740 billion by 2023.
- Amazon is the leading e-commerce retailer in the United States, controlling 47% of the market. eBay is second with a 6.1% market share, Walmart is third with 4.6%, Apple is fourth with 3.8%, with The Home Depot coming in at 1.7%.
- 25% of Americans have used video conference tools like Zoom to attend a work-related meeting due to COVID-19.
- Zoom has seen daily users more than quadruple during COVID-19.
- Online merchants gained an extra $107 billion in 2020 thanks to the Coronavirus pandemic.