Top 5 things to look for in a Managed DBA service provider
Data for any organization is a huge resource. The adoption of new technologies today has increased the data being generated by companies. Organizations are challenged to keep pace with the changes, in addition to downtimes and security threats to this data.
To ensure database security, support, and maintenance, most businesses are turning to Managed Services Providers (MSPs), to ensure business continuity, and reduction in operational costs, in addition to having access to expert resources.
We have come up with these 5 factors to help you evaluate and choose the best Managed DBA service provider:
1. End To End Service Capability
A DB managed service provider with the right expertise in managing databases, skills, and resources that best meet your needs can be the right choice. They should be proficient in:
· DB Performance Tuning – The database MSP that you select should be experts in troubleshooting and optimizing your database instances, such as SQL server instances, and code.
· Continuous DB Monitoring – By proactively monitoring servers and databases, you can ensure that your servers are performing well. Any outage or disruption can be detected and prevented. In addition, you can respond to customer demands immediately. With an MSP on board, this can be easily taken care of without scaling the workforce, and accelerating growth.
2. Customized DB services
There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Ensure that the MSP you select can offer you flexibility. A good DB managed service provider should be able to offer on-demand support and consultation at all times.
3. Industry Experience & Staff Experience
With technology being the center of any business operations, businesses need to have qualified IT resources for niche roles. For SMB’s IT staffing and financial constraints are easier said than done. Evaluate the MSP’s experience and expertise in the services and solutions that you need.
4. Service Support & SLA
A Service Level Agreement (SLA) takes into account what the MSP offers your organization. Whether it is maintenance, monitoring, security, reporting, or other services, it is all included in the SLA document. Select an MSP that aligns with your business criticality and can offer 24×7 support with a faster turnaround for any issue.
5. Flexibility in Costs & Expected ROI
Hiring a managed service provider costs less than managing your infrastructure. An MSP generally offers a pricing model based on the time, resources and services offered. Having managed services has a significant impact on ROI when it comes to faster response time, mitigating breaches or when planning for upgrades.
So, look for a provider who can offer on-demand support, consultation, and services to meet your present and future goals within your budget.
Are you looking for a service provider who has got all the boxes right, get in touch with us for a free call, no-obligation quote for your IT needs.